In its second round of StARTup Business Development Awards, the ECRDA announced grant awards totaling $32,000 to ten applicants.
“We’re thrilled to be able to announce the latest round of StARTup grant winners. The StARTup grants are designed to fund new businesses or new business ventures of existing for-profit companies in Erie County that are creative in nature,” said Mengine, CEO of the Erie County Redevelopment Authority.
Applicants are evaluated based on their submission including a descriptive narrative and full project budget. The program accepts applications in the spring and fall.
The Spring 2021 Awardees are:
- Arkwright Tree Farm – Virtual Craft classes
- Artlore Gallery – MusicLore Jazz programming
- Cook Media, LLC – Podcast production & training
- Dennehy Dance, LLC – Cyr Wheel Performance marketing
- Erie Art Gallery – Crypto Art Gallery staff & artist training
- Flower Bakery – Fresh Fruit & Flower Cake bakery
- J Simmons Ceramics – In person & Online Ceramic classes & sales
- John Agnello Designs – New Line Fashion design & merchandising
- Lake Erie Woodworks – YouTube Woodworking video & classes
- Mallqui Restoration – New American training
To date, $57,000 in StARTup grants have been awarded to 15 creative businesses through the newly created grant program.
Grants will be presented an awards ceremony on Friday, April 23, 2021 at 1 p.m. at Artlore Studios.