In its fourth round of StARTup Business Development Awards, the ECRDA announced grant awards totaling $20,000 to three applicants.
“We’re thrilled to announce the latest round of StARTup grant winners. The StARTup grants are designed to fund new businesses or new business ventures of for-profit companies that are creative in nature,” said Mengine, CEO of the Erie County Redevelopment Authority.
The grants are competitive in nature and applicants are evaluated based on their demonstrated plan for growth and potential to have a positive economic impact on the Erie community.
The Spring 2022 Awardees are:
- Foundation Art Academy: $7500.00
- Alison Stinley, owner of FAA, teaches art to students of all ages and skill levels. Currently, Alison works out of a studio at PACA and can be reached there.
- Rylee Louise Photography: $5000.00
- Rylee Prenant is a specialty photographer and also a resident at PACA. The grant will be used to purchase new photography equipment.
- 1020 Collective: $7500.00
- Sarah Moody and Rick Bowser are owners of 1020 Collective, a gallery and performance space located at 1020 Holland will use the funds to enhance operations
According to Donna Douglass, founder and a member of the grant review committee, “These four creative entrepreneurs demonstrated significant business skills in their applications. Each met our grant guidelines including marketing and budgeting abilities. Though fairly new companies, they’ve each worked hard to make their enterprises going concerns. The StARTup Fund is intended to help these kinds of businesses go to the next level. Keep your eyes on 1020, Foundation Art Academy and Rylee Louise Photography.
To date, $102,000 in StARTup grants have been awarded to 25 creative businesses through the program.
The grants were presented at a ceremony on May 25, 2022 at the ECRDA offices.
Photo attached – from left to right
- Alison Stinely of Foundation Art Academy
- Donna Douglass, Selection Panel Member and former founder of StARTup Incubator
- Rylee Prenant of Rylee Prenant Photography
- Rick Bowser and Sarah Moodey of 1020 Collective
- Tina Mengine, ECRDA CEO
- Chuck Benson, Selection Panel Member and former President of StARTup Incubator