Erie County in partnership with the Erie County Redevelopment Authority announces the launch of grant applications for the COVID-19 Hospitality Industry Recovery Program (CHIRP). The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania awarded the County of Erie with $3,055,038 to help support the hospitality industry. Individual grants will be between $5,000 and $50,000. Applications will open Monday, March 8.
The following criteria must be met for a hospitality business to be eligible for consideration:
- It must operate in the accommodation or food services and drinking places subsector
- It has fewer than 300 full-time equivalent employees
- It was in operation on Feb. 15, 2020, remains in operation and does not intend to permanently cease operations within one year of the application date
- COVID-19 has negatively impacted the business, making the grant necessary to support ongoing operations
- It had a reduction in gross receipts of at least 25% during 2020 compared to the same quarter of 2019
- It is locally owned
Applicants can find eligibility information at https://www.ecrda.net/chirp.php. Properly completed applications will be awarded on a rolling basis. Incomplete applications will not be considered until such time as the application is correct and complete.
"Erie County, in conjunction with our partners, already distributed nearly $10 million to local businesses affected by COVID-19 through different funding programs," County Executive Kathy Dahlkemper said. "I am grateful that County Council now passed this ordinance for the Erie County Redevelopment Authority to take the lead in assisting our hurting hospitality industry. Steadily we are rebuilding Erie County, and I look forward to seeing our economy thrive again in the very near future."
- Contact Erie County: Melissa J. Dixon, firstname.lastname@example.org, 814-812-0089
- Contact Erie County Redevelopment Authority: Tina Mengine, email@example.com, 814-480-0337